“What do you mean I have to bring my own food?” Yes, this is a question we get ALL THE TIME, and it’s usually followed up with, “what if I don’t cook?”
Well lucky for you, we know that you are busy and while some of us may love spending time in the kitchen, there’s a good portion of us who don’t. We’ve chosen our 15 favorite restaurants in San Diego, perfect for pick-up and take-out to Social Club Dinner San Diego. In no particular order:
- Lotus Thai – An oldy but a goody and local favorite, Lotus Thai serves up some of the best green curry in San Diego.
- Sushi Ota – Don’t let the discreet store front fool you. This foodie favorite has some of the best sushi in San Diego and makes for an easy, yet elegant Social Club Dinner meal.
- Cafe Athena – Ideal for vegetarians, this Greek restaurant adds a unique American twist to their huge menu. Dolmas, hummus & pita anyone?
- La Puerta – This dark, downtown taqueria offers a small, but delicious mexicali menu perfect for a quick meal to-go. Have some time while you’re waiting – order one of their delicious drinks!
- Salad Style – Serving up more than just salad, this downtown gem has a lot to offer, including catering for large groups. Our personal favorite, the soba noodle vegetable & chicken salad is to die for.
- Zanzibar – If you’re in the mood for something upscale then Zanzibar is your place. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner this San Diego staple offers full gourmet meals to-go.
- The Kebab Shop – This middle eastern style restaurant makes food on the run easy. With online ordering and delivery options, it doesn’t get any easier than this!
- Basic Pizza – While pizza may not sound like a fancy feast for a dinner in white, you might be surprised at how many people show up with a hot pie. Order from Basic, our favorite spot!
- Slaters 50/50 – Coming in hot on the food scene, Slater’s is dishing up some of the most creative and tasty burgers in San Diego. Pick up dinner from them, for a meal that’s sure to please.
- Phils BBQ – Everyone’s favorite spot for BBQ in the San Diego area. Need we say more?
- Sushi Deli 2 – Sushi Deli is slammed…always! Known for inexpensive and unique sushi rolls, Sushi Deli is ideal for phoning in and picking up.
- Tender Greens – This healthy chain can be found up and down California. Meals served cafeteria style are made quick and easily customized – another no brainer for Social Club Dinner.
- Aladdin Lebanese Cafe – Located in Hillcrest, this exotic Middle Eastern style restaurant has an amazing selection of sweet Lebanese dishes and finger foods for sharing.
- Sammy’s Wood Fired Pizza – Another San Diego staple makes dinning out simple. Place and pick up your order to go – to Social Club Dinner, that is!
- Extraordinary Desserts – Baking in the summer, on a weeknight sounds terrible to us. Save yourself the time and go to extraordinary desserts for your sweets. They are just that – Extraordinary.